Sunday, August 10, 2008

Resurrecting the Blog


I recently talked to a great friend of mine and was looking at their family blog. I thought it would be great to start one. Little did I know it's already been going via Justin for over a year. It's also been over a year since he posted.
We've come a long way in a year. We no longer sun bathe at the beach or watch the ocean as we treck up I-5. We now jet to the basement once a month in case nature wants to borrow our house and it's contents. Alec and Aiden (and myself) had to adjust to all kinds of crazy bugs that BITE or STING. We've had plenty of those. I have not yet adjusted to Kansas driving and realize I probably never will. On the up side we love owning our own home and our family is almost always together.
Justin loves KU and we try really hard not to mix ourselves in with the sports fanatics, but that can be an obstacle when they cancel school for a championship game. He is currently taking a vacation in Quantico , Virginia. He is taking long 6-9 mile hikes and playing tag in the woods. I can't find a picture of him but if you visit http://www.ocs.umuc.mil/ you can search for him within the sea of green or get a general idea of how his summer vaca is going. He comes home in 7 days but who's counting?
I am holding the fort down. Well I try! It's a nut house instead of a fort. Between teaching Jazzercise and keeping up with all of my children and their activities day runs into night runs into day again. It's tough but someone has to be willing to do it. I'm proud of Justin and want to do what I can to support him (even if my sanity is the price). I am so thankful for the hilarious moments here and there that makes times like these seem not so difficult. And while I love and cherish all of my kids Alec has really stepped up as the man of the house to help mommy out.

No comments: